This pasta is easy to make, and it’s something different. By adding Mago Hot Sauce, this tasty recipe is our version of ‘arrabiata’. This dish is best when fresh, and the avocado sauce is worth every bite. Buon Appetito!
Feeds about 3-4 people
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 avocados–halved, pitted and peeled
- Depending on your love for garlic, 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- About ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped for topping
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook 6-8 minutes until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, make the Avocado Sauce:
- Either in a bowl, a blender, or a food processor, whip up the avocados, garlic, scallions, lemon juice and olive oil until smooth.
- When the pasta is tender, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add the reserved water to the avocado mixture and process until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to coat. Season with sea salt and pepper. To serve, portion the pasta onto plates and garnish with parsley (or cilantro).