Tomato Pumpkin Bisque
This is basically tomato soup, but better! Enjoy with a grilled cheese sandwich or some toast.
Feeds about 4-5 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced and divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Mago Red Sauce
- Melt butter over medium heat in stock pot and sauté onion until tender.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a blender to purée the tomatoes until smooth. Add tomato mixture to the pot along with the pumpkin, parsley, and 2 tablespoons of green onion.
- Continue to simmer and stir often for an additional 10 minutes, or until completely heated. Serve warm with a scoop of sour cream and an extra dash of green onion on top.