Spicy Honey Brussel Sprouts
Everyone loves these spicy and semi-sweet sprouts. They are easy to prepare and they make a great side for any meal. When you go to your local farmers market, look for brussel sprouts and some locally produced honey. Follow this simple recipe!
Just like chile peppers, honey is great for your sinuses and immune system!
Feeds 4-6 people as a side
- 1½ pounds brussel sprouts
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons MAGO Hot Sauce, add more to taste after the bake
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim the base away from the brussel sprouts and discard. Cut the sprouts in half.
- In a large bowl,mix the olive oil with the vinegar, honey, and MAGO. Add the brussel sprouts and toss until they are fully coated.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Spread the sprouts on a baking sheet. Pour any extra olive-oil mixture onto the pan and tilt the pan around to distribute it.
- Roast until the sprouts are crispy on the outside and golden and caramelized on the cut sides, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Add extra Mago Hot Sauce to taste!