This soup will warm your soul, satisfy your taste buds, and help keep you healthy for the holidays!
Feeds about 6 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cup veggie broth
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided, and additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus additional to taste
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, plus additional for serving
- 2 teaspoons Mago Green Sauce or Mago Red Sauce
- Fresh basil (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat two baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the carrots, onions, and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat, then spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, turning twice throughout cooking, until the vegetables are tender and browned. Let cool on the pans for 10 minutes.
- Working in two batches, add half of the roasted vegetables and half of the veggie broth to a blender. Add 1 can of the drained tomatoes. Purée until smooth, then pour the purée into a large stove pot. Repeat with the remaining vegetables, tomatoes, and veggie broth then add to the pot.
- Stir in the basil, yogurt, Mago Sauce, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a gentle simmer and let cook for about 10 minutes, until fully heated through. Taste and add additional salt and/or pepper as desired.
- Garnish with fresh basil and SERVE HOT!